MODELS AND TYPES OF Steel Buoys:
SBM Steel Buoys are designed by combining conventional architecture used during several decades with the application of latest technologies in materials and current standards.
The high-quality steel for its construction is the same than the one used in the naval field, with a thickness greater than 10 mm. Float diameters available from 2 to 3 meters are submitted to an antioxidation treatment providing maintenance periods above 5 years. They are characterized by their high shock resistance and stability.
Metallic parts of the buoys (superstructure and tail) are made from hot-dip galvanized steel, and designed to provide a long service life under harsh marine conditions. They can be customized under client’s request, as well as to be made from stainless steel or marine aluminium.
- Diameters from 2 to 3 meters.
- Float made from naval steel A-36, coated with a special anti-corrosion treatment of inorganic zinc based on ethyl silicate. Float with two lifting handles and two mooring.
- Castillete with robust structure of three angular legs, made of steel with special anti-corrosion treatment of inorganic Zinc based on ethyl silicate, coated with polyurethane paint to give the color of the signal.
- Glue or flap with counterweights, made of hot galvanized steel.
- Stainless steel buoy screws. Marine Rubber Fender Belt in Float.
- Non-slip float top surface.
- Registration of access to the interior of the float to facilitate maintenance work or for filling of foam.
- Designed in accordance with IALA Recommendations.