MODELs and types of Solar Controllers :
The STECA PR Solar Charge Controllers have been specially designed for operation in difficult environments with high salt, moisture and dust contents.
The PR 2020 IP is equipped with a large LCD display that shows the current state of charge (SOC) as a percentage and graphically in the form of a tank. This visual representation also provides operating parameters, failure messages and self-test.
The “auto-adaptive” state of charge algorithm results in optimal battery maintenance and control over the module output of up to 480 Wp, which can be connected to it.
Manufactured according to ISO 9001 and 14001, RoHS, European Standards and DIN IEC 68 part 2-30 (use in tropical areas).
- Hybrid controller.
- State of charge determination with Steca AtonIC (SOC).
- Automatic detection of voltage.
- PWM control.
- Multistage charging technology.
- Load disconnection depending on SOC.
- Automatic load reconnection.
- Temperature compensation.
- Common grounding on one or several positive terminals, or negative grounding on one terminal.
- Integrated data logger.
- Integrated self test.
- Monthly maintenance charge.
- Integrated energy meter.
The Morningstar SunSaver is the market’s leading small solar charge controller for both professional and consumer applications. Its technology provides an exceptional reliability, a PWM battery charging and a consistent high quality.
The SunSaver’s advanced design delivers outstanding performance with an economical price.
Its low cost is made possible by Morningstar’s unique approach to design and manufacturing: • Quality programs ISO 9002. • Latest power electronic technologies. • Latest control and logic technologies.
- 100% solid state.
- Series design (not shunt ).
- True 0 to 100% PWM duty cycle.
- Setpoint accuracy to 35 mV.
- Rated for 25% overloads.
- Fully encapsulated in epoxy resin.
- Marine rated terminals/anodised enclosure.
- Temperature compensation.
- Gelled/flooded battery selection.
- No additional compensation needed.
- Parallel connection for 40 A or more.
- Green charging and red LVD indicators.
- Approved for use in hazardous locations Class 1, Division 2, Groups A, B, C, D
SCU Solar Control Unit is an ideal device for its use in Aids to Navigation solar installations of medium size or any other system.
SCU provides a total overvoltage, overcharge and deep discharge protection of batteries, and also protects installation by interconnecting solar modules, battery and charge.
The SCU unit integrates a precision meter, which checks the battery state of charge.
It is equipped with protection devices against lightning, surge and short-circuit protection of the installation.
- Charge controller:
- This controller is responsible for controlling the battery charging by using the solar power system.
- The drive has an up to 60 Amp capacity of current of the photovoltaic array (FV) to 12, 24 or 48V
- Discharge controller:
- This controller has the function of controlling the discharge of the battery, cutting the consumption current if the battery voltage is too low.
- It prevents damages of the battery by over-discharges.
- Battery display:
- LCD display allows to show the state of battery:
- Battery voltage (V).
- Charge and discharge current (A).
- Amp-hour counter (Ah).
- Battery state of charge (%).
- PC connection to download historic data.
- Overvoltage protection:
- Located at solar module inputs to protect installation against transient overvoltage caused by storms.